Feb 21, 2010

Free your secrets...

For years I have been singing the praises of Frank Warren and the Post Secret project; I can't say enough about it, or him.  Having given up his private life to be the protector of secrets, the virtual shoulder for the world to cry on, the trusted friend for those who feel they have none; Frank Warren has taken his show on the road, generally to colleges across the country, and I am lucky to be in one of the target cities. Heck, I'm literally around the corner from the venue, so you can bet I'm going to be in that auditorium.

There are certain schools of thought that suggest that periodically 'messengers' are sent to us from whomever is watching our drama unfold.  They rarely choose the 'messenger' role, and in fact seem thrust into it and seem powerless in the face of the magnitude of their task.  But they're here to remind us to have hope, that we are powerful and amazing beings, and most important...that love is all there is.  

I believe that Mr. Warren is one of them.  His gentle demeanor certainly suggests that it may be a possibility; and in watching the video below what I find  most striking is his voice.   It speaks to me of safety.   It sounds like compassion.  It sounds a lot like my 'good medicine' blanket from New Mexico feels - but that's another story for another day.

FREE YOUR SECRETS AND BECOME WHO YOU ARE

No comments: