Dec 19, 2010

If I Could, I would...

What a year it's been. A year with way more dark moments than light ones, a year of learning lessons good and bad. A year of change the likes of which I never knew I needed. Through it all there remained one constant...I missed my children. I ached for them. I cried weekly. And though we stayed in contact by text and phone, it only compounded the need to touch their beautiful skin, gaze into their gorgeous eyes; to laugh until we cried, the way we used to do. It has been a year since my son has laid his head in my lap while we watched TV. A year since my daughter and I have watched the sun come up as we discuss politics, social theory, and Lindsay Lohan's prognosis.

But they are coming tomorrow night, and if I could...this is how I would greet them.

Merry Christmas everyone.


1 comment:

Vampire Hours said...

That was really cool. I love those random public musical moments that have started being put on in recent years. It's very Glee-like.

I'm so happy that you and your kids get to spend the holidays together. I'm sure they are as excited to see you as you are to see them.

It's going to be a very Merry Christmas indeed. I'm so glad I get to be a part of it.