May 14, 2009

Life is Precious

One of my co-workers attends the Sundance Film Festival every year, and every year he comes back raving about a film that most will never see. The trailer from this years selection reduced me to tears. If you think you're tough enough, I strongly suggest that you check it out if it comes your way.

The fact that the past few years have been beyond shitty for me is not news to those who know me. And yet, I wake up every day and put one foot in front of the other. That's what we're supposed to do, right? To do otherwise is just plain cowardice. But even when buried in all the icky stuff, I cannot help but hear the chant that shows up at the end of the trailer. Given how tough times are these days, maybe we should all learn the chant.

Life is hard. Life is short. Life is painful. Life is rich. Life is precious.

No comments: